Sunday, 29 April 2012

BIO

Full Name:    Greg James Harris (Actually it was originally Gregory, named after Gregory Peck.)

Birthplace:    I was born in Winchester but grew up in the village of Bishops' Waltham in Southampton,
                      which is not at all famous for having eight hairdressers and for being the hometown of
                      Amanda Holden, who, ever the celebrity activist, has returned to campaign against the
                      building of a new Sainsbury's near the giant pond... oh well, who needs jobs? Bless her.
Born:             1980s
Degree:         English Literature at London Metropoltian Univeristy, graduating in 2008
Career:          As well writing my novel I have been working in the environment industry
                      (not as a bin man.)
Live:              I live in beautiful Brighton but spend a lot of time in lovely London.

Writing:          I started writing twelve years ago when I was a little bit obsessed with horror. Everthing I
                      wrote ended with a character losing an eye, or at worst both eyes, and looking back now I
                      think the earlier ones would scare readers for all the wrong reasons. But as my creative writing
                      course leader told me, I've certainly no end of ideas at least. Well over the years I have
                      developed my skills as a writer through numerous short stories, published gig reviews and
                      magazine articles which set me up for writing my first novel, Dog Days and Nights. Making
                      the move from horror to comedy was the best decision I could have made as a writer and I
                      have loved every minute of writing it. Being able to create worlds and to dictate every move
                      a character makes is what I love about writing. Maybe I'm just a control freak but I live and
                      breath the craft because of this, and for the platform it gives to make people laugh at the
                      things that are dispiritingly unfunny if they were to occur in real life.

Author:          JG Ballard, Matt Beaumont, Mil Millington, Nick Hornby, John O'Farell,
                      David Lodge, Bret Easton Ellis, Emily Bronte, William Burroughs, Bram Stoker

Music:           David Bowie, Gary Numan, The Ramones, Siouxsie Sioux, Lady Gaga, Alexis
                      Jordan, Devo, Human League, Depeche Mode, Kate Bush, Madonna

Film:              Labyrinth, Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?, After Hours, Baby Boom,
                      Hellraiser, Suspiria, Fright Night, Romy and Michelle, Serial Mom, Scream

TV:                 Family Guy, Nighty Night, Flight of the Conchords, Psychoville, Abfab,
                      Dragons' Den, Four Rooms, Columbo, The Apprentice, Benidorm, Will and Grace